 LEGOLAND / California / 374
Re: Estimated visit duration for 2 adults?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 16:01:54 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, Greg Perry writes:
In lugnet.legoland.california, John Furlong writes:
My wife and I are planning to visit LL California while traveling in
Southern California in April.  I was wondering how much time we should allow
for our visit, especially since we don't have children and probably will not
go on many of the rides.  Our current plan has us going on a weekday, so I
would anticipate that the park would not be particularly crowded.

Greg has some good suggestions, to which I'll add another perspective.

Short Answer: At LEAST the full day.

If your wife isn't into Lego you'd be pushing it to go for more than a day
unless you drop her off somewhere the second day and go yourself.  I say this
having visited LLC twice with two NLS's (Sister and Spouse).  They were pretty
good the first visit, but the second time they spent making remarks obviously
meant to indicate they were indulging the interests of a crazy woman. (And this
even though they got to take the kids around on the rides while I went off and
shopped and gaped at Miniland.  Sheesh!)

Long Answer: The real question is how big of a LEGO fan are you and what is
your (and perhaps more importantly your wife's) limit for staring at the
most amazing LEGO creations you've ever seen.

This is SO true.  She should probably bring a book to read, just in case.

Also with buildings like the
ones found in the New Orleans section you can find yourself caught up in
examining the architectural details and the way they've been created out of
standard LEGO bits and pieces. Be prepared to take plenty of pictures!

And make sure you use a lens capable of capturing minute detail.  Otherwise
you'll get home with tons of pictures which will drive you crazy because you
can't tell exactly how the builders created certain effects.  Plus when you
show the pictures to your friends, it'll just look to them like scenes from
famous places-- the fact that it has all been done in bricks won't be
impressed upon them.

The other thing is that while the stores in LL didn't have any major bargains
while I was there, just the fact that they are stores completely devoted to
LEGO makes it simply irresistable to go in again and again.  Think of anyone
you know who might remotely be a candidate for receiving a personalized LEGO
mug as a gift from you.  It's been less than a year since I was last there, yet
I can thing of four people off the top of my head that I wish I had gotten LEGO
mugs for as a gift.  They also have personalized LEGO keychains for those
non-coffee drinkers.

HTH and have a great time!

Maggie C.