 LEGOLAND / California / 373
Re: Estimated visit duration for 2 adults?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Tue, 5 Feb 2002 12:42:41 GMT

In lugnet.legoland.california, John Furlong writes:
My wife and I are planning to visit LL California while traveling in
Southern California in April.  I was wondering how much time we should allow
for our visit, especially since we don't have children and probably will not
go on many of the rides.  Our current plan has us going on a weekday, so I
would anticipate that the park would not be particularly crowded.

Short Answer: At LEAST the full day.

Long Answer: The real question is how big of a LEGO fan are you and what is
your (and perhaps more importantly your wife's) limit for staring at the
most amazing LEGO creations you've ever seen.  Literally you could spend ALL
day inching your way around Mini-Land looking at all the details that have
been incorporated into the models.  DON'T just glance at something, say "Oh
that's nice" and move on.

If you take time to pore over the displays you'll find all kinds of humorous
scenes that's the LEGO builders have inserted into the street scenes and
building interiors (Grand Central Station).  Also with buildings like the
ones found in the New Orleans section you can find yourself caught up in
examining the architectural details and the way they've been created out of
standard LEGO bits and pieces. Be prepared to take plenty of pictures!

And then there's the rest of the park - there are all kinds of larger scale
creations all over the park that will continue to amaze you.  Do not skip
any section of the park or I guarantee you will miss out on something really
great because there are LEGO creations in every nook and cranny and at every
turn (also don't forget to look up in certain areas at the sides and tops of
buildings).

Recommended things to do that you might think you could pass up:  The Fairy
Tales boat ride, The Dragon coaster, the wildlife walk at the entrance of
the Castle section and the riverboat tour.  All of these will show you some
really great LEGO models that you wouldn't otherwise see from just walking
around the park.

As far as a ride for a ride's sake, we enjoyed the Aquazone ride.

My wife and I (also without children in tow) were at LEGOLand CA in Summer
of 2000 (for the Kidvention) so I'm sure there's even more brick-based eye
candy there now.  I definitely plan to make it back there some day (I'm in
Virginia so it's not exactly convenient).

ENJOY your visit!

Greg