 LEGOLAND / California / 156
Re: Holiday Activities at LEGOLAND California
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland.california
Date:
Sat, 18 Nov 2000 14:44:24 GMT

Wow! Sounds like a great idea to add to someone's collection. I'd like to
go, but I'm not sure I'll be able to, as I live in Iowa, and would probably
have to fly there.  I'm going for sure next summer, though. (there won't be
a holiday celebration)

In lugnet.legoland.california, Ashley Glennon writes:
The holiday season is upon us and I am pleased to announce a great lineup of
building activities and fun at LEGOLAND California.

For those of you who live in Southern California,  LEGOLAND will kick off
the holiday season with the lighting of our Christmas tree on November 23rd.
Watch it live on KUSI TV at 7pm.

Knowing that you all like building activities and the opportunity to acquire
more bricks, we will be offering a LEGO ornament building table where you
can make and take home your very own ornament.  The parts on hand will
consist mainly of red, green and yellow elements, but just for you-- the
adult fans-- we will toss in some rare colors and unique elements from time
to time.  We expect the ornament building activity to have size restrictions
with an estimated cost of $5 per ornament.  The ornament building activity
will take place near the Christmas tree at The Beginning area of our Park
from Nov. 24th to Dec. 24th.

For even more brick building fun, visit the Park from Nov. 30th through
December 24th and join Mrs. Claus at 10am in the Fun Town Market for a
‘Breakfast with Mrs. Claus.’  In addition to some great food, enjoy building
an exclusively designed Christmas parcel.  [The parcel dimensions are
approximately 6x6x6 studs and includes many TECHNIC half pegs, 1x4 tiles and
some ‘macaroni’ bricks.]  The parcel is made of red and yellow bricks,
plates, tiles, etc. but colors are subject to change based on parts
availability.  The parcel is expected to cost around $5 and will only be
available by participating in the breakfast event. The Breakfast event will
cost $9.95 for adults and $5.95 for children. (Someone will likely post a
photo of the parcel in the future.)

On the weekends from Nov. 23rd through December 16th, come watch us “Light
the Night” in Miniland USA by hearing a tale of darkness which gradually
turns bright as Miniland USA transforms into a spectacle of light, sound and
fireworks.  This ‘illuminating’ event will take place at Park closing.

As you might expect, sections of the Park such as Fun Town, Castle Hill and
portions of Miniland USA will be holiday themed with many fun surprises.
The model shop has been busy building over the past few weeks and I know you
will be impressed.  [I noticed holiday decorations already in place in the
Ferndale, CA, section of Miniland USA.]

Additional activities in the Park include the “Let it Snow” show, holiday
story telling, cookie decorating, carolers and more.

As if all of the above reasons were not enough to get you to visit LEGOLAND
this season, how about this...From November 23rd through January 1st, the
Park will be giving away $1000 worth of toys daily.  Details on this
exciting giveaway are available at the Park or can be found on our website.

I hope many of you can make it to the Park this holiday season.   If you
have questions regarding Park hours, show schedules or would like to make
reservations for “Breakfast with Mrs. Claus,” please call (760) 918-KIDS.
(Please do not call this number to inquire about element color availability.)

Seasons greetings and play well!

Ashley Glennon
LEGOLAND California
Manager of Sales, Promotions and Sponsorships