 LEGOLAND / 88
Re: Kidvention still running?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 06:56:04 GMT

Actually, those mock-ups weren't described to me as Throwbots in any way shape
of form. They looked incredible, especially the larger ones. In terms of size,
they were taller than Millennia and wider too. Few (if any) Throwbot parts were
evident in the models. One of the large ones bore a striking resemblance to Iron
Man's foe-Iron Monger. The other large one...was decidedly evil looking. The one
thing that stood out on that model was the large Teal wings forming the
breastplate. The smallest stood 5-7 inches tall. The largest was more than a
foot tall. They didn't appear to be built so much as molded, but were incredibly
cool, nonetheless.

Other highlights from those cases included the cool metallic sheened
motorcycles. The metallic glistening was a burgundy/purple in color. Think of it
this way: If the light blue windshield was turned into a metallic color, it
would look close to the metallic silver/blue of the 'aqua' series helmets. Now,
take purple and do the same thing...Yes, they had BIG tires. Larger than any
tires I've ever seen on a Technic vehicle.

Lastly, there will be a new Roborider out around November that blows the others
away. It is a 3-in-1 model in Dark Grey w/Orange and Teal highlights. Think of
it as a 'Blaster' for Roboriders. It was VERY cool. I'll be picking up quite a
few of this model just for parts. I'll post the pictures of this one as soon as
my NLSO develops the pics. That may take awhile though, given how often we
develop pictures. Tom Stangl may beat me to it, though I don't know if he got
pics of this model.