 LEGOLAND / 76
Re: Kidvention still running?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 02:03:54 GMT

What are the prototypes of throwbots, supercars & dynamite low riders (I heard
of them in a previous message)???
NICK ;^D

Something to that effect.  They had a few really cool Technic motorcycles with
ENORMOUS tires.  The technic stuff was really cool, especially talking to the
designers face to face.    I didn't pay much attention to the throwbots, but
the Silver Street Sensation was really cool.  Got to pick it up and play with
it and feel the different parts.  Pretty sturdy, but flimsy to scale as you
would expect the real thing to be - like if you were huge and picking up an F1
racer.

Another really awesome part of the trip (besides actually being on staff
there) was talking to so many people from corporate and model designers as
well.  Even met and talked to Karsten somebody (last name escapes me) - he was
in the pilot of Brick Kicks in the mid-late 80s, and I remember reading about
him when I was a kid!!

All in all, Kidvention was an awesome experience, both being there and being
there for the purpose of being part of the event. :)  Great to meet everyone
who came out (though I couldn't possibly remember everyone's names)

I will post a summary about the LDraw display in a few days, just have to fly
home first.

-Tim