 LEGOLAND / 86
Re: Kidvention still running?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 03:31:30 GMT

In lugnet.legoland, Tim Courtney writes:
In lugnet.legoland, Nick Cameron writes:
Did you notice if the throwbots had glow-in-the-dark, electronic, transparent
or any other special pieces?
NICK :^\

What part of 'I wasn't paying much attention' is difficult to understand?

-Tim

Nick, much of the throwbots prototype stuff was not even made of ABS. It was
just a plasticene mockup of possible designs or directions to take the line.
Or perhaps even an entirely different line. And most were very crude.
Practically molded clay. The idea was to have kids go back there and then to
gauge their reaction to the models.
Personally, I think any kid going back there would like everything they saw.
So how they could discern which was "better" is beyond me.

So what the finished product would look like, ASSUMING THEY EVEN MAKE IT,
would be impossible to tell.  They could conceivably add anything they wanted
to.

Given the trend in other lines to add special pieces, it is entirely possible
they might do the same.  Even Duplo is getting hi-tech.  With electronics,
sounds and LCD's.   So who knows what could happen with Throwbots?
Wait and see.

-- Terry K --