 LEGOLAND / 270
Re: Where is the next LEGOLAND?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 19:43:24 GMT

As noted, Brad Justus said there is no new park soon, but we can still speculate
:).

I'd guess that they would follow the Disney model and consider Florida for the
next US park--year round tourist season makes the southern US much more
economical than anywhere else, and clusters of theme parks (Disney, Universal,
Sea World, etc) actually seem to help eachother rather than hurt eachother as
families will travel to one area for a week and then will go to all of the
different venues.

Outside the US I would guess Tokyo (again, Disney leads the way here).  They may
not be hooked into Lugnet, but there seems to be a big Japanese fanbase based on
websites and pictures of shows in Japan.  Alternatively, something in Australia
might be good.

I don't know how much of a fanbase there is in South America, Africa, the
Mid-East, India, or China to make LL's economically viable in those places.  Has
anyone seen pictures of Lego shows from those places on the web?  I do know of
some Hong Kong AFOLs who have been on Lugnet.  There are other political and
economic reasons that might make some parts of the world less viable.

Bruce