 LEGOLAND / 268
Re: Where is the next LEGOLAND?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:14:13 GMT

In lugnet.legoland, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
Trace the history, the four LEGOLANDs were built on -
Billund - 1968
Windsor - 1996
California - 1999
Deutschland - 2001

Now I'm wondering where the next LEGOLAND would be?
It's supposed be open in 2004, which is the next year!!
If I can know the information earlier, I can begin to plan my next
trip and prepare the money :D

Brad Justus at Brickfest 2003 said that there were no plans for a new park
anytime soon, and that running four parks was enough.

I think the idea of a new park every three years might be a cool idea, but it
wouldn't be long before you'd over-fill the market.  I'd imagine a LL in the
eastern north america could work, a park in japan/asia and perhaps something in
southern europe - but beyond that it would be overkill for the time being.

MAYBE somewhere in South America? But ya, I'm with you, Lenny. There are not a
lot of additional markets beyond what you named.

Plus I think unless they ramp up their model building staff, they are going to
fall farther behind on model replacement/renewal. When I was at LL CA in Feb, I
found many of the models (coming up on their 4th anniversary) to be extremely
sun faded. UK fans have remarked on the same problem in Windsor (it was
noticable even in 2000 when I was there, and I hear it's somewhat worse).

I suspect models that are grayish pink instead of bright red probably do not
have the same "oomph" with the general public.