 LEGOLAND / 110
Re: Anyone going to the Galactic Challenge?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.legoland, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 21 Sep 2000 10:38:32 GMT

In lugnet.legoland, Tim Courtney writes:

When did you meet up with them??

Same day I met you... opening day at LLC in 1999.

I said it before but it bears repeating, I think the Michons are very nice
people and good builders and true LegoManiacs, I just think it's funky that
they consistently win. It's an unexpected result, not necessarily sinister per
se.

I suspect that it's hard (as it is in all subjective judging tasks) for the
judges to factor out *who* from what. Especially in a contest where the
creation process is observed (that is, that it's not a blind judging with
models disassociated from who created them) so you know you're judging a
Michon...

That's a small downside of doing it that way, but the HUGE upside is that if
you saw the person build it right in front of you, you know it wasn't a ringer
built by an adult and submitted by the kid as his own work. Further, the time
limit and set selection of bricks do emphasise the ability to think on one's
feet.

++Lar