 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 5499 (-10)
  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) It woud make commercial sence as Megablocks make a large red fire engine. Fire engines I guess would alway be popular with parents and grandparents. In my opinion though a model team style model would have more appeal to the public. If it's (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

(...) Oooo... I wonder how big that would be minifig scale[1]? I'd love to see a minifig scale set like that built with UCS quality and part quantities :-) And a true minifig scale Space Shuttle to go with it (sold separately) -Tim [1] Naturally, (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

(...) How about a UCS International Space Station? Now that would be fun. Adrian -- (URL) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now here's a big one.

(...) Adrian, I agree a UCS space shuttle would be awesome, I've been a big space shuttle nut since I was a kid and 8480 still tops my list of all-time LEGO. Unfortunately, I recently noticed a big Mega Bloks Space Shuttle at TRU. I have a feeling (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) What, if it is true that's great news (and I said technic is alive did'nt I 8^)). But if it ain't, many people who have read your post may be very dissapointed. So please, we need some proof, some evidence. P.S what do you mean by shovel. Is (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Now here's a big one.

When I was wading through my brochures from the 80's , something caught my eye. On the back page of the 1986 US LEGO brochure is a poster titled ''All Systems Go!'' (P-1) that was about 19''x25''. (Did it go off the market after the Challenger (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: What a downer :-(

Yeah, but a lot of this comes down to parents who should really monitor what their children are doing and make sure they don't do too much of one thing - be it watch TV, play video games or even read books or play with lego. Video games have an (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) My guess is kids today are forced to "get adult" faster thus turning away from LEGO sooner. This makes the Technic line in it's traditional meaning harder to sell. Since the rant is up I'll blame the lack of beams, I mean of we AFOL's have (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) Well, my answer is buy Meccano instead ... they have some nice sets for reasonable prices. Meccano Motion System 50 Re-use 599 Meccano building pieces to make up to 50 different models with this sensational kit. Includes a 6 Volt motor and (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

  Re: What a downer :-(

(...) What?? How do you know that? - David (22 years ago, 3-Jan-03, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.technic)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact