 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4794
    Question for Jake on the future of chrome —David Simmons
   Hey Jake, With all the buzz about the chrome parts in the SE Naboo Fighter (very nice, BTW, I can't wait!), can you say whether we will see the usage of chrome expanded in the coming year? I'm very happy to see the lime green, light brown, and (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Question for Jake on the future of chrome Jake McKee
   (...) As much as I want to, I really can't share info on upcoming products or product plans. To answer someone's earlier question about chrome production, yes, a chrome part is a "different" part than a non-chrome version of that same part. For (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Question for Jake on the future of chrome —David Simmons
     (...) Drat! It must be really difficult sometimes to operate under such strict guidelines. Seems kinda silly that the Lego powers that be won't allow such a general question to be answered. Anyway, from all the buzz around here regarding the chrome (...) (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Question for Jake on the future of chrome —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) Interesting. I bought about 60 silver buckets/tubs and one of them gave me a light-grey 2x4 instead of a chrome one. It appeared in every way identicle to my other bricks. This was some years (and two house moves) ago so I'd have to do a lot (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Question for Jake on the future of chrome Jake McKee
   (...) From what I understand about the process, we are talking measurements that aren't necessarily visible to the naked eye. Of course, when you talk about bricks snapping together, these changes can have a big effect. Jake --- Jake McKee Senior (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

        Re: Question for Jake on the future of chrome —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Perhaps someone with a micrometer could bring it to BrickFest if they knew that someone from LD would bring a few unchromed samples? (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)