 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4684 (-5)
  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Right, and Todd said it was "fine." Identifying it for what it is and generally sequestering it to a specific forum is probably a good idea. There really isn't a problem here. --Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Right, that's the reality of discussing their product lines (of course, some of us also speak very favorably about clone brands too, but whatever). If TLC/Lego Direct were allowed to make "product placement" type comments in different (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) It is my experience with "message board" systems that some people like to take part in a heated discussion from time to time. When someone posts something which is regarded as foolish by a majority, there are commonly a lot of people who jump (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

I'm afraid I don't quite agree. "Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:Gxpxys.59@lugnet.com... (...) messages: (...) know about upcoming releases before they're all over the media. (...) posted in the forum. (...) they're going to (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I don't buy this stance. I prefer discussions like this to be held openly. I _like_ the fact that we get to put in our two cents. Todd and Suz are both seriously bright folks, but they just can't think of everything. Why shouldn't we know (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact