 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4625
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 03:54:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:

(snip)

Just a few things I wanted to express...

First off, I have extreme respect and appreciation for what the Lugnet
administrators have done.  I'm sure the job is a thakless one, and I wanted you
all to know that I appreciate the difficulties that arise with such a task.

That being said, I want to express my support for a change in policy regarding
TLG's ability to post elsewhere on Lugnet.  I have been reading the posts on
FBTB, and the tone seems very informal and friendly.  I feel that Lego
responding to a castle or train question in the castle or train part of Lugnet
would be more informal and appropriate.  I appreciate TLG's desire to be a part
of the AFOL community.  I hope the numerous requests to change this policy
don't fall on deaf ears.

Second, Jake, I read the concerns you had about being attacked by certain
individuals with regard to decisions to respond or not respond to certain
inquiries.  I'm sure realize that there are people out there who seem to exist
only to wreak havoc online and start flame wars, and no target could be more
appealing than official representatives of TLG.  These people are a minority on
Lugnet.  The majority of us welcome your presence here.  I think that while
there were once concerns that TLG would "take over" Lugnet, it seems clear to
me that TLG's presence here (and on FBTB) is very passive and casual.  Please
don't let a few small, loud barking dogs keep you from posting here.

Finally, I'm sure a large number of people recognize your need to keep future
release plans a secret; but I'm also sure people will continue to ask.
Responding "We can't discuss that" is perfectly fine, and it let's us know that
the concern has been acknowledged...

Thanks for listening!

Chris

P.S.  Any plans on releasing some Lego mecha? (Just kidding!  Sheesh! ;-) )