 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4626
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 05:25:29 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jake McKee writes:
Suzanne (and All),

Sorry about the delay in responding.

No problems! Thanks for your response!

[snip]

Most questions of LEGO actually get asked outside of lego.direct. Since I
can't answer those questions "officially" and I'm not sure what the
appropriate method of cross linking the answer with the question, I feel
uncomfortable posting about that issue out of context. I would absolutely
love if I could, along with other LD employees, post directly to a question
with a few brief lines to answer a question in context. Unfortunately,
LUGNET prohibits this.

One suggestion I'd make - to respond to such questions, please just create a
new thread in .lego.direct, referencing the original post (and quoting any
pertinent text to make things clearer if necessary). If the poster is really
interested they'll be looking there (.lego.direct) for an answer anyway, and
if they're not, someone will most likely see it & post a link to the
original thread. I know this isn't as good as having no posting
restrictions, but for now I'd see it as a work-around.

ROSCO