 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4614
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 04:29:53 GMT

I think it is precisly these types of posts that keep them away.  Many people
post expecting answers *right now*, often on things they may not be able to
respond to.  I think everyone needs to give them some breathing room.  I also
think they should be able to respond to posts anywhere on Lugnet, at the very
least through two seperate accounts for official and unofficial posts.
Afterall, Lego's employees may be AFOLs, too, right?  If you're afraid people
will take unofficial posts as official, have them use seperate signatures or
tags on their names that show up on the postings.  If necessary, add a rule
about not harassing the Lego employees.

Jeff

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Jake,

I'd appreciate an answer.

-Suz

Suzanne Rich
LUGNET Admin
www.lugnet.com

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
Jake,

Why are you answering people's questions on FBTB, but not LUGNET?

I ask because the lugnet.lego.direct group was created for open dialogue, yet
LD's posts are now rare and limited to marketing announcements.

-Suz

Suzanne Rich
LUGNET Admin
www.lugnet.com