 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4615
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 13 Jun 2002 04:49:17 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jeff Stembel writes:
I think it is precisly these types of posts that keep them away.  Many people
post expecting answers *right now*, often on things they may not be able to
respond to.  I think everyone needs to give them some breathing room.  I also
think they should be able to respond to posts anywhere on Lugnet, at the very
least through two seperate accounts for official and unofficial posts.
Afterall, Lego's employees may be AFOLs, too, right?  If you're afraid people
will take unofficial posts as official, have them use seperate signatures or
tags on their names that show up on the postings.  If necessary, add a rule
about not harassing the Lego employees.

Very good points, Jeff.

I wasn't going to hop in on this thread myself to be totally honest.  It
disturbs me in many ways.  But at this point, I have something I really want
to get out.

The attitude posters and administrators on this site project towards TLC and
its employees is rather negative.  If this community is going to grow,
people need to be willing to work in a constructive way, not a destructive
way.  I do not believe quarantining LEGO employees by policy on LUGNET is
beneficial or constructive to either the community or to the company.

Without getting too much deeper, I think its fitting to say 'you catch more
bees with honey than with vinegar.'

-Tim