 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4597
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 10:45:09 GMT

Who knows, maybe the quiet from Lego Direct has nothing to do with real or
imagined friction from AFOL's, restrictive posting policies on LUGNET,
pestering questions about the product lines and corporate policy, etc.

I just figured they have been very busy co-ordinating the web site content,
S@H catalogs and other promotional materials with the Star Wars releases.
And maybe prepping a new batch of Legends and bulk packs for Summer & Fall.

Personally, I have always felt that Lego Direct is doing a great job with
their offerings. Established corporations move very slowly. And Brad J. &
Lego Direct are "paddling upriver"  to bring some really neat products to
the market. Re-released sets and bulk packs are something that many though
would never happen. But for some members of LUGNET, Lego will never be able
do the right thing.

More communication would be nice, but I would rather have Lego Direct work
on new product instead of replying to every "more bulk packs" and "quality
is going downhill" post.

Bryan
(guilty of asking for more bulk packs all the time...)

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> wrote in message
Jake,

Why are you answering people's questions on FBTB, but not LUGNET?

I ask because the lugnet.lego.direct group was created for open dialogue, • yet
LD's posts are now rare and limited to marketing announcements.

-Suz

Suzanne Rich
LUGNET Admin
www.lugnet.com