 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4598
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 12:29:14 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Larry Pieniazek writes:
Isn't it against the rules to do so, though? Or is it just against the rules
for Jake to ask in his post that someone do it but OK if someone figures out
that it needs doing on their own? I'm admittedly confused about it.

I dunno, but I don't think it's too inappropriate:
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3308
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=3435

There really is no reason that it should "go with the territory"... FBTB
readers seem to understand that Jake can't comment on certain things and
don't badger him nearly as badly about those things. Shows a bit more
understanding of how the world actually works on their part, doesn't it?

I don't know, I don't frequent the FBTB forums too often. I don't have a
feel for FBTB readers.

We're acting like this is what has apparently driven TLC away from posting
here. Perhaps it has, but I'd like to think not.

I'm sure they realize "it goes with the territory". If someone famous steps
out in public and opens themselves to interfacing directly with people,
there will be fans (and some "crazed" fans) that will continually toss out
questions, relative to the given discussion or not.

Lugnet is a public forum. Just about anyone can post here. And I don't think
there is a code of conduct when dealing with TLC employees in the Terms.
(I'm not defending those who badger poor Jake, but rather offering an
understanding of why he gets badgered ;-)

Besides, on FBTB (from my limited readings there) I've seen Jake McKee give
simple "I cannot answer that..." replys to some questions. It seems simple
enough, just be prepared for those questions and post a canned response. It
doesn't seem like a big deal.

To get back to the original post by Suz, I immediately agreed with her. I
recently browsed through FBTB forums and was quite surprised to see the
frequency of Jake's posts. I thought too, "why not on Lugnet?"

TJ