 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4584
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 00:54:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tamyra Teed writes:
Not to be nasty, though if I were LD or Lego, I'd be a little miffed about
being controlled as to where we can post.. and only able to post from official
Lego addresses..  and if FBTB is giving them free access to answer anywhere, I
don't blame them for bring more active there..

I really have to agree, limiting where they can post was one of the absolute
most unwise policies instituted here.  It makes the newsgroups extremely
unwelcome to Lego representatives, and why would we do this after complaining
quite vocally about their lack of interest in the adult community?  I was so
amazed when I saw Brad post for the first time so many months ago, and then
along came this restriction.  How can they not see it as a slap in the face by
those that waited so long to hear from them?  I participate in another forum
about anime, and studio representatives regularly participate in all forums,
and they are some of the most valued members of the community.  I would love to
see this same situation happen here.

Jeff