 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4585
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 6 Jun 2002 02:18:00 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Rudy writes:
To agrivate the problem, every post TLG makes here is jumped upon by all,
myself included, for more and sometimes off-topic information (Bulkpack
questions tacked onto every post Jake makes, for instance).  LUGNET is a bit
ornery.  FBTB is a friendly community.  In my time there I've never seen a
flame war, and their average age is half that of LUGNET.

In my opinion this is the key point moreso then limiting where TLC employees
can post.  I can understand the limits.  I believe it was established so
that it could be determinied if a person was posting AS an employee of TLC
opposed to just posting their opinion as an AFOL.  I can see where it would
be important to make this distiction.

I would, however, get rather tired of posting in a hurry if everytime I did
post, on any subject, i got hammered about stuff that is not relevant to the
post.  If every post is answered with "Why don't you offer more bulk yet" or
"Why doesn't SAH ship to <insert country> yet", I certainly would stop
posting in a hurry.

I guess it all comes down to LUGNET not being as friendly a place as it once
was.

Troy