 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4582
Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 5 Jun 2002 23:20:11 GMT

  I'll second Tamy here.  LUGNET has become downright beligerent in it's
treatment of TLG Staffers.  Restriction is unfair, and tantamount to
segregation. "You work at LEGO, so you can only use these drinking
fountains..."  This isn't fair to TLG or the rest of the community.
  To agrivate the problem, every post TLG makes here is jumped upon by all,
myself included, for more and sometimes off-topic information (Bulkpack
questions tacked onto every post Jake makes, for instance).  LUGNET is a bit
ornery.  FBTB is a friendly community.  In my time there I've never seen a
flame war, and their average age is half that of LUGNET.
  That's not to say I will drop LUGNET altogether.  Our LUG uses this as a
wonderful meeting-forum.  But, for TLG info, I'll be looking to FBTB from
now on, as they've tried to cultivate a relationship, not drive it into the
ground.

That's my Rant for now,
-John Rudy

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tamyra Teed writes:
Not to be nasty, though if I were LD or Lego, I'd be a little miffed about being
controlled as to where we can post.. and only able to post from official Lego
addresses..  and if FBTB is giving them free access to answer anywhere, I don't
blame them for bring more active there..

Tamy

LUGNET Admin wrote:

Jake,

Why are you answering people's questions on FBTB, but not LUGNET?

I ask because the lugnet.lego.direct group was created for open dialogue, yet
LD's posts are now rare and limited to marketing announcements.

-Suz

Suzanne Rich
LUGNET Admin
www.lugnet.com