 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3567
Re: what makes a legend?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 06:51:06 GMT

John Neal <John@TCLTC.org> wrote:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Steve Demlow writes:
Lego Direct cannot, as a matter of policy, create new molds for its sets,

Pardon me, but how do you know this?  I'd like to see a reference for this
statement.  Has Brad, or someone else, stated this emphatically somewhere
before?

Richard is correct in questioning this, because it isn't true.  LD can do just
about anything it wants, but within certain boundaries.

John and I were both there and heard Brad say the same thing (unless John
knows something I don't, which may well be true) but apparently we have
different interpretations.  I took Brad's comment about "no new molds" to
mean that it was part of the "deal" with Lego corporate that allows LD
to (re)develop sets outside of the normal process (Futura).

Pedantically, my statement is correct either way - it's just a question of
whether the "policy" is self imposed or imposed from above.  Either way,
based on what I heard Brad say a few months ago, we shouldn't expect any
new element shapes to come out of LD.  (Again, hearsay disclaimer, etc.)

Steve
--
Barb & Steve Demlow  |  demlow@visi.com  |  www.visi.com/~demlow/