 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 3527
  Re: what makes a legend?

After reading the other comments from other members, I think I actually have changed my mind a bit (I offered my comment on Friday, when you first posted your message, now I've had a weekend to think about it). The more I think about a Legend, I (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) Although I think Lars is being a bit extreme in calling a re-issue with less than 99% original parts dishonest (in advertising, I presume), he does bring up a very good point, to my way of thinking. Even if LD recreates every printed brick, (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

(...) I have to disagree a little with this only because I don't think that we should relegate the only sets issued 'in that vein' to being the half dozen 'Legends' that LEGO releases each year. I would hope instead, that as LEGO senses the (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: what makes a legend?

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Neal writes: [snip] (...) those (...) Exactely! So if these are not the real legendary sets, it might be better to make them noticable copies. (...) to (...) them (...) I (...) Same with me and lots of others: I do not (...) (23 years ago, 23-Oct-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)