 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2384
Re: shop.lego.com - 4 steps forward, 3 steps back
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 3 May 2001 13:55:50 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Rose Regner writes:
OK Lego Direct. Are you going to be offering these new packs in the US?
Please don't be so cruel.

   For once, being away in Europe will have its significant
   LEGO advantages!  :)  I'm ordering, bigtime; most of the
   new packs are AVAILABLE (including the garage door bits),
   I called and got verification of inventory.

   But Lawrence is wrong about it being "just the old accessory
   packs".  Read on...

"Lawrence Wilkes" <lawrence@thewilkesfamily.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in
message news:GCr13z.2Aq@lugnet.com...
Good and bad on shop.lego.com this week Well for Europeans - these changes
dont seem to have hit USA (yet)

Forward - Lego added lots of new stuff to bulk bricks this week.

Back - However, they are just the rest of the old accessory packs. When • are
we going to get the bulk bricks we crave?

   Some are the old accessory packs.  Some are accessory packs
   we've not seen in four or five years, including the one with
   Black Falcons Castle items!  What's more, there are a lot--in
   relative terms--of items that are completely new assortments,
   including transparent bricks (albeit with some windscreens :( )
   the 5x6x2 inverse-low-slope in trans-yellow, a 1x2x2 ladders
   pack, and more.

   The downside is that you must fully enlarge the pictures before
   the quantities appear printed on them.  They don't look like
   a very good deal until you do.

Forward - it does include the roll up garage door packs though,  with
grooved bricks and hinged panels, and shooting cannons.

   With 9 white, one blue door panel, and 14 red 1x2 grooved bricks
   and two red "top beams"!  A complete assembly, for UKP 2.79 ea.

Forward - Lego added 12v train parts

Back - but why add new parts on-line that are marked 'No Longer Available'
(e.g. large train wheels)? They did this last update with Micro Motors,
which this update have been removed. Duh.

   They may still be producing inventory.  Production cycles don't
   always mesh perfectly, and they may be there simply for people
   to add to their want lists now for fulfillment later.

   best

   Lindsay