 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 2188
Re: Official vs. unofficial LEGO postings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 21:28:58 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tim Courtney writes:

I think that the community should be composed of both fans and employees who
are fans and shouldn't be under such regulations, except for a very good
reason.  If employees can clarify the nature of their post (official v.
unofficial casual posts) without having to change accounts, or if there is
an easier way to change posting addresses, that would be great.

(Hey, I'm a technologist so I often propose technical solutions to social
problems)

How about a way from the web interface for members to have one of several
precomposed sigs to choose from? That way when I am posting to make an
official Guild of Bricksmiths announcement somewhere I click one radio
button and it appends my GoB siggy, and when I'm not, I click a different
one to choose my default siggy.

That way when Jake wants to make an official statement (we've already
verified that he has the authority to make official statements about certain
things) he clicks the "LEGO(r) employee sig" button.

Or is this not solving the right problem?

I confess I've read most all of the thread so far and am not sure what
problem was being addressed yet. Todd hasn't said, I don't think, what the
real problem is, or else I missed it.

Before we get too spun up we ought to hear from Todd on what the problem
this new posting restriction is solving actually is.

++Lar
(insert "I'm being a gadfly" signature here)