 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *804 (-20)
  Re: Lego UK - A Rip Off Britain Vendor? Some good, some bad prices.

This is all pretty bad when one sees it in black and white - I think I was happier when I only had a sneaking suspicion that I was being ripped off! That said, I'm sure LEGO would say that marketing in Europe is much more expensive as the markets (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Just where is Scotland?

Well, whether you like it or not, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales are all subordinate to the sovereignty of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, sharing her laws, defense, and currency. But I'd be the first one to support (...) (24 years ago, 28-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: Just where is Scotland?

Ok folks, time to move this out of lugnet.lego.direct. :) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: Just where is Scotland?

(...) Yes, but you forget you could buy Scotland for the price of a studio flat down here. And that prices in many shops and for many services are much higher (I only have to compare what I pay in the same shop as my family in the west country or (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: Just where is Scotland?

(...) No worse than the Governments (of all persuasions) who consider that whatever policies are good for the South-East of England will be appropriate for the whole country. Some examples; <Ben Elton mode> The folk of Shetland pay the same rate of (...) (24 years ago, 26-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: Just where is Scotland?

(...) Nearly. You need to separate physical geography from political boundaries Geog: Great Britain is the single large island northwest of France. It is often mistaken as the polical boundary - for example in sports events where a UK team is (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie)

  (canceled)

  Re: Just where is Scotland?

(...) I know what you mean. These are all the geographical terms I know of for where I live, and some of their definitions: England: Obvioulsly, just England British Isles: Basicly, all the land we own (not including our commonwealth, but the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: Just where is Scotland?

(...) I would bet that many folks in England, and even more elsewhere could not tell you what England, Great Britain, or the UK actually represent. Geographically or politically speaking. They are all the same place to many people. E.g. You (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: Just where is Scotland?

(...) Nope, only that the UK should be described as the UK (it is now) not "England" as it was a few days ago. Even though the error was corrected, I was bemused by the response of LEGO - so I shared it. As for Scotalnd's FIFA ranking (England is (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie)

  Re: Just where is Scotland?

(...) Where is Scotland? 22nd according to FIFA rankings. Lets face it, the average .com considers the UK to be the 51st State of the USA. How many corporates dont have a UK web site and just point you their US one on the basis that we speak the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie)

  Just where is Scotland?

(URL) my moan above about Scotland Wales and NI being transformed into English Counties I scribbled a note of to LEGO. I got this reply: (...) I am left wondering is LEGO does not understand that the UK, GB, Scotland, England, Northern Ireland and (...) (24 years ago, 25-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie)

  BRAD - Lego castle "chrome" sets?

Brad, Can we get an answer on whether these are coming to the US or not? (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | Please do not associate my personal views with my employer (24 years ago, 21-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Important additions to my last posting!

(...) Yes this is very encouraging news.... very encouraging. And I expect more little bugs in the future, but by the sound of it, TLC is on top of it. And it is very gratifying to see that we are listened to after all. (God Bless you KKK and the (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Important additions to my last posting!

(...) Cool! I think this is one of the most positive messages we have seen from TLC that they really do want to reach out to us. I'd almost hazard that this is more positive than Brad's involvement here. To those that feel that TLC "just doesn't get (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Important additions to my last posting!

Hey Frank, I've been one of the most optimistic ones among all. I didn't like all these negative tones either, since I was too happy about each and ervery small step forward that Brad Justus announced. I kept believing that everything will be (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Important additions to my last posting!

Hi Ben, the entire story has been pretty easy, so here's a short version that may hopefully answer all your questions: I called LEGO S@H early this morning and I was very excited about how it works. I couldn't wait to place my first order. However, (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

"John Neal" <johnneal@uswest.net> wrote in message news:39C67132.AF7873...est.net... (...) great (...) I agree :-) I have been reading this group for quite a while and it saddened me that the majority of posts have a negative tone. For some strange (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Important additions to my last posting!

(...) <snip> (...) Hmmm.... Susan's daughter, perhaps;-) All seriousness aside, thanks for sharing, Christian-- I think that is a great example of how things are going to be different from now on IMO. I really believe that TLC has turned the (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Important additions to my last posting!

(...) I think that is great that a manager called you on this. I have some thoughts and questions on this. Did she say specifically that she called you because of your postings on the Web? It is possible that the managers/trainers are actively (...) (24 years ago, 18-Sep-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact