 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 803
Re: Just where is Scotland?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.loc.ie
Date:
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 04:01:31 GMT

Well, whether you like it or not, Scotland, Northern Ireland, and Wales are
all subordinate to the sovereignty of the United Kingdom of Great Britain
and Northern Ireland, sharing her laws, defense, and currency.

But I'd be the first one to support an independent Scotland if they ever
manage to get that far. :)  The Scottish Parliament is a good first step!

--

Paul Davidson

Scott A <s.arthur@hw.ac.uk> wrote in message news:G1GBBu.Kx4@lugnet.com...
http://news.lugnet.com/lego/direct/?n=763

After my moan above about Scotland Wales and NI being transformed into • English
Counties I scribbled a note of to LEGO. I got this reply:

thank you very much for your enquiry regarding the LEGO Shop at Home
service. Naturally the LEGO Company operates in the whole of the British
Isles and the distinction had to be made on the page so as to • accommodate
the fact that Éire is a different country operating with a different • price
structure. Your comment has, of course, been noted and should any
change be
necessary to the web page so as to make it obvious that the whole of the
United Kingdom is able to make use of the service, then this will be • done.

I am left wondering is LEGO does not understand that the UK, GB, Scotland,
England, Northern Ireland and even Wales all have quite strange national
identities. To officially consider one country to be part on another just • to
ease marketing seems to me to be a little crass.

Also, is "different price structure" just a euphemism for the so called • Ripp-
off Britain effect?

Scott A