 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *6059 (-10)
  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) Thanks for your feedback Eric. The problem with printing a book is that once it is printed, that is the final result. With a CD, I have a friend who is a computer wizzard (owns his own company) and plans on putting this together as a CD (even (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I'd love it too, but . . .

(...) When they put a Classic Space Legend out in the new grey color, I will be more than happy to swap these pieces for my old grey bricks. According to my setlist, I own almost all Classic Space sets, so I should be able to come up with enough old (...) (20 years ago, 22-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  I'd love it too, but . . .

If and when they do put out a Classic Space Legend it'll probably be in bley, which means I might buy it for the trans-yellow, but I wouldn't keep all the pieces. It would be nice, but it would be bittersweet. Dave "Dave Lovelace" <dave@umop.com> (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

"Gary Istok" <istokg@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:HzJ6u0.1nG7@lugnet.com... (...) released (...) about 80% (...) most (...) Sounds cool. Could folks please reduce the crossposting though? I'm not sure discussion of this book needs to be in (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

Gary, This is great news. However since you're asking for feedback I hope you can take this into consideration. I would strongly prefer a printed version. In fact, I just discovered the printed 1974-2004 Playmobil collectors catalogue, and promptly (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

Gary Istok wrote: <announce impending CD snipped> Gary - I am very much looking forward to this CD/book, and thanks in advance for compending your knowledge of the hobby for the benefit of all. As an AFOL, the prospect of a new work of knowledge (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Bulk Dark Gray and Light Gray 2x4's

(...) FWIW the ten bags of dk grey 2x4s I received from S@H (Europe) a couple of weeks ago were old dk grey. ROSCO (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Bulk Dark Gray and Light Gray 2x4's

(...) These packs have the same SKU as the "old dark gray" bricks. There is no reason to believe that these are not the "old gray". If they were the "new gray", I should think they would assign a new SKU. The only difinitive way to find out would be (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.lego.direct, FTX)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

It sounds like a work of scholarship that is long awaited in English. Having translated some texts from foreign languages I surely appreciate not having to jump through hoops to make any sense. Can't Wait! Any thoughts on a companion to the above (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Announcing new comprehensive book on Lego on CD.

(...) <Snip> Gary, Outstanding! I've been dreaming of a book like this and can't wait to get a read. I got my first LEGO sets in the early 1960's and they didn't survive my younger siblings' abuse, alas, they are no more. So it will be great to see (...) (20 years ago, 19-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact