 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *4810 (-10)
  Re: Model Team RIP.... why?

Yes, I totally agree. The Model Team range was my favorite theme, I got most of them. Every year it was exiting which new models will be brought out. Nowadays LEGO is crap. The models aren't interesting anymore and you can't use the pieces for other (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Model Team RIP.... why?

Hmm... a good question. Rene (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Suz Q&A was:[Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?]

(...) I guess I meant: what did you learn from being on the *inside* that informs your attitudes about the company overall and/or how to deal with them? (...) I'm not sure why the parent company has no relationship to the question, but I think we'd (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.people)

  Re: Technic RC car (Jake - info?)

Ditto. If it has separate components, I'll probably buy several, but if not, I won't even buy one. Separate components could be so useful for past Model Team and Supercar sets. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Sun ONE Internet Technical Support, Sun (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Technic RC car (Jake - info?)

If you're right it might be the base unit from 5599 in a technic overcoat... Indeed it would be disappointing. I was hoping for a generic receiver that could drive any motor... Duq "J G Gregory" <jgg@ultranet.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Suz Q&A was:[Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?]

Here are some short answers, for now.. (...) no. (...) I didn't disclose anything while I worked for TLC (1996-1999), but it's not a secret anymore. I worked for R&D. LEGO Futura, Boston office. LFB's job was to come up with cool, innovative LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.people)

  Re: Technic RC car (Jake - info?)

I would also like to get more official info on this, but by inspection and from what they have made in the past, it is almost certainly a one-piece receiver, battery pack, drive-and-steer motor combo. It may not even be proportional steering, but it (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Model Team RIP.... why?

Dear Jake, Brad and other TLC representatives, I just noticed that Model Team has now completely disappeared from the s@h site. I just wonder why... I can understand that after all the trucks and other cars (okay, there was a boat and a helicopter (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.modelteam)

  Re: Question for Jake on the future of chrome

(...) Perhaps someone with a micrometer could bring it to BrickFest if they knew that someone from LD would bring a few unchromed samples? (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question for Jake on the future of chrome

(...) From what I understand about the process, we are talking measurements that aren't necessarily visible to the naked eye. Of course, when you talk about bricks snapping together, these changes can have a big effect. Jake --- Jake McKee Senior (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact