 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *2999 (-10)
  Re: Another Legend dies....

(...) You bring up an excellent point, Eric, namely the fact that these Legend re-releases might cause many of us to cross themes. For example, I've never been a castle head, but I will undoubtedly buy one of the Guarded Inn sets. Who knows, perhaps (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

Just a quick correction here, Greg, I believe Brad said that the 2 million club members were "children" whether or not the adults were lumped into a different category or not, I don't know, but that's what I inferred, myself, by the way it was (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Two things I inferred from Brad's talk at Brickfest

As the subject says, these are inferences, not direct quotes. But I have given references to why I think my "read between the lines" statements are accurate. 1. The adult fan community is probably not as important as we like to think we are. Brad (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

as the Lego Direct agent said bulk packs are an extreamly new setup they aer still working out how things will work. they are not sure so they certanily won't tell us yet the only reason yellow and blue showed up is cause they perceived a defiancty (...) (23 years ago, 16-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

John Radtke wrote in message ... (...) had (...) whatever, (...) There's the problem right there - what is basic? To me, windows and trees are basic, but not to a spacehead. We really need to know what LD regards as basic and what will come and go. (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) This has been my essential disappointment with the bulk selection so far and this 'upper limit' statement does not help instill my confidence. To me, being able to buy each brick or plate size individually is not worth it if I can't still get (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From Mike Walsh

(...) Yes, this would be what we expect. A potential problem, however, is the current lack of information available from TLC[1]. It would be reasonable to assume that some bulk parts will be perennials[2], while others will have limited stock[3] or (...) (23 years ago, 15-Jul-01, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone??? (Not yet...Soon?)

(...) My interpretation was that the Legends "theme" will be long-running. (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone??? (Not yet...Soon?)

(...) This is part of the Legends line, and I seem to remember Brad saying they would NOT be limited runs. Yep, here it is - (URL) answer in advance a couple of questions which I suspect may arise: LEGO Legends are different from the "classic" (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Guarded Inn Gone??? (Not yet...Soon?)

(...) This is quite likely with a lot of enthusiasts buying multiple copies of the set. My comment is that people should stretch their lego budgets because other rare, classic sets are coming out. (...) Yes and No. I think there is a time period of (...) (23 years ago, 13-Jul-01, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact