 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1769 (-20)
  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

Kevin Loch wrote in message ... (...) Larry and Todd were specifically referring to the Lego.com *website* in those messages though. From the kids I used to do "Technic class" with, they really loved the Lego website and visited it *a lot*. Between (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

LEGO would be making a huge mistake if they assumed that the things we want are different than what kids want. I hear just about every day from a very reliable source that parents and kids hate juniorized sets. They want sets with more pieces. They (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) I'm surprised to hear that, but if it's true, then it's good news, and it would make things a lot clearer. So, what then *is* the target market for lego.com, and how were things like satisfaction measured? (...) And usability testing, of (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Some of your opinions anger me Larry. I hate to say this but you also criticize other people. Maybe you should take a look at the "venome" in you. And not act like everyone is so feeble in the field of trians. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) It was the *first* *train* summit. (...) I can't talk about future products, about demographics or web usage or sales figures, or about costs/numbers/successes for various marketing, sales or production activities, for example. There are other (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Urp, good point In this one... sDscn1209.jpg (URL) from the left Larry Pieniazek – poly-LTC Peter Andersen - LD product manager Jorn Kristian Thomsen - Lead Lego trains designer from Billund James Mathis - PNLTC Jake McKee - Senior producer (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.people)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Great stuff! Are there plans to have such meeting again someday? It's great to hear that Lego is _really_ in touch with their community! I guess the NDA covers future products, or does it also cover other things? Please tell us for a rough (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Thanks :^) ~Mark "Muffin Head" Sandlin (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: lego software

in article G87I4K.1t3@lugnet.com, Tim Courtney at tim@zacktron.com wrote on 2/3/2001 6:21 PM: (...) GOT to be a joke...although a pretty elaborate one. If it isn't a joke, then one of LEGO's contract programmers is in for big trouble for doing this, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Ahh, in other words: "Splunge." :-) (...) a total blast! Glad to hear it was fun and productive!! --Todd [followups to .trains] (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) That kind of information would be covered under the NDA so I can't specifically comment. (...) After, last nite back at the hotel, and most all day during the meeting. Train MOCs have a way of taking up the entire table, which is not prudent. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego

I'd like to make a suggestion on the use of lugnet.lego.direct and lugnet.dear-lego. Of late there has been much "debate" about whether TLC is doing "the right thing" or not, or somewhere in between. While some very legitimate concerns are getting (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Awesome! I hope all of those who have been whining will think about what happened here, and think about Larry's comments over the past few months about how whining is not the best way to go about things, and consider that this meeting probably (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) My apologies everyone, I totally underestimated the power of the (LEGO)Force. I'm very glad that Trains have a bright future, this has been my lesson in faith. -Harvey (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: More Venom Anyone? ( Was Re: Give them a break (was:Hey, like, is anyone there? ))

You know, I've stayed out of this debate for a long time now, though, I can't stand this anymore.. Granted, I've bought some (all) Throwbots, they were interesting when they first came out... a couple Roboriders, (got as b-day presents). Though I'm (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Exxx...xxxcellent. (...) So you know then? (...) MOCs at din? --Todd (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Yes. (...) Yes I can decisively say that. I think I did already, actually. (...) That kind of information would be covered under the NDA so I can't specifically comment. (...) After dinner the lot of us fested till pretty late, so at 2 AM when (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

Larry Pieniazek wrote in message ... (...) I am happy to hear trains will be around. I would like to know why the female part of this group was left out. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.:((((( Rose (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.trains)

  Re: From the first LEGO(r) Train Summit: LEGO(r) Trains are alive and well

(...) Awesome! (...) Ohohoo, when you say "the future of the product line," I assume you are referring to trains? If so, that sounds very encouraging! Can you say whether rumors of the train product line's demise are greatly exaggerated? Will be any (...) (24 years ago, 4-Feb-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact