 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1354 (-20)
  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) That is to be expected, and that wasn't the point I was trying to make. I'm not offended by people copying my designs for their own private enjoyment. Suppose LEGO claims rights to any sets you create using their service. Suppose they go on to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I'm not too experienced with LEGO software, but I can't say I've had the impression that LEGO lives by those rules so far. Ok, so my hands on experience is limited to the Cybermaster unit, which needs specific operating system¹ versions to (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Really. So if I look at the Guild of Bricksmith page, and copy one of your designs, and place it in my living room, you're going to take me to court? Good luck not getting laughed at by the judge. You do realise that you have to prove some (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) And that is one thing that I want make sure is happening. I want TLC to be able to make money. If they aren't making money, it will mean that they will go under, to be bought out by someone else. I think that as much as TLC policies sometimes (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Please help: Call from "Rick Highberger"

I got a message at the school that the LEGO Robotics team I coach represents. The message indicates Rich Highberger, of LEGO called to speak with me yesterday (following our outstanding showing on Sunday, where we placed 2nd overall and took home (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) If you did this to one of my GoB sets, and I find out about it, I _will_ take you to small claims court. _I_ own the design, period. If you come up with something similar, fine. But, if you take from my design, and it is not enough different (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Hooray!!!! I'm not sure my comments won't fall into the 'me too' folder, but this means a lot to me. It appears that within the next couple of years, LEGO will cater to the needs of builders like me. This means I can seriously imagine getting (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Wait a Minute! (was: Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)

(...) I would have to side with Eric on this one. Although I've been drooling over the possibilities of true bulk ordering, my suspicion is that the range of elements will be severly limited. Look for example at (URL) which shows models of the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

I am curious as to how they plan to do this. Of course it's already true to a large extent. KL (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) Uh. I was mostly joking. I haven't seen a BETAMAX tape since.... well, since the first place my family used to rent videos from, which was back in... crap. I dunno. '85? '86? I figured it was a marketing thing, though, since the main purpose (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

"John VanZwieten" <john_vanzwieten@email.msn.com> wrote in message news:G55qKL.6ou@lugnet.com... (...) It probably won't mean *any* piece, but I can imagine that a good assortment of the most desired pieces will be made available. It would be silly (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Kids take charge of product development at LEGO.com

(...) I read that as meaning the current bulk brick offerings. /Eric McC/ (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Todd Lehman" <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message news:G55r47.8xK@lugnet.com... (...) There is an incredible opportunity there, I've had many conversations with people in the commuinty about what is there. I haven't heard from them about anything (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Wait a Minute! (was: Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts)

(...) Wait a minute! Nowhere does the press release state that you will be able to buy any piece in any quantity. It states "bricks." I think what they mean by this is the current bulk brick offerings. Maybe slightly augmented. Kevin Zwicker (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) I don't think you can expect any such effect. Keep in mind that there's more to a LEGO set than the parts included and the main model. There's also the box and instruction artwork, specialized minifigs, cartoons, the theme itself, as well as (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

No, probably a Betacam SP format video tape. That's the most common (analog) professional video format. It uses Betamax form-factor tapes but the tape material, speed and format is completely different. KL (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

"Fredrik Glöckner" <fredrik.glockner@bio.uio.no> wrote in message news:qrdd7f5cwad.fsf....uio.no... (...) I don't believe you missed anything. That was an assumption on my part of how much potential I believe this system to have. If indeed TLC comes (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

(...) A BETAMAX format video of the vid clips? eric (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

How about LEGO stickers? Will actual ones be available? Dan dandman1@concentric.net (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO Company Welcomes Adult LEGO Enthusiasts

Speaking of lifting spirits, I'm right there with ya'! With the lack of new trains and town sets for 2001, I was feeling a bit down. The revelation of being able to build your own sets lifts TLC back upon the pedestal I placed them on in the early (...) (24 years ago, 6-Dec-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact