 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *1104 (-20)
  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Really! Cool. I was a bit worried about the pliers comment in the faq. (...) Ho ho!!! Clearly we need a design that uses 92 (or 182) of each thing so that they have to supply 88 extra of each color but one. (91 wouldn't work, they always give (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

Matt, I am not sure what happened, but the parts are for sure 1x1 plates. I have actually gotten a few more details as to what the box contains: - Building Plate: 48 x 48 - Building Instructions Sheet - Bill of Materials - Bag of edge pieces and a (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G3oCMK.83G@lugnet.com... (...) down, (...) I have to second that. I've noticed a lot of AFOLs being hired recently. Its very pleasing and its indicative that TLC is, or is about to, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

Jake, Congratulations on joining LEGO Direct! It's great to see somebody on board who has had past interaction with the AFOL community! (...) Hmm... I just called and asked a rep what the kit comprised, and she said 1x1 bricks. I'm confused. I (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) <snip some cogent questions> (...) I'd make the following comments on your post, Todd: 1) Are you sure the new colour is the SCALA gray, or even that the lightest gray is the new gray? I'm thinking of ordering one of these for plates, and (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Congratulations! As Larry said, I take it as a good sign that LEGO seems to be hiring lots of AFOLs. (...) We look forward to them! And don't be afraid to drop hints about what you might be working on.... (...) Well, as soon as you get them to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

(...) Hey congrats. Of all the things that TLC has done lately that give me good cheer, hiring AFOLs is top of the list. Best wishes. ++Lar (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

"Jake McKee" <jacob.mckee@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:G3oBzE.5yt@lugnet.com... (...) Glad to hear it! (...) actually (...) address. Understandable. (...) Note - you may want to develop a signature with your title at TLC in it, similar to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: So did you wonder about me?

Hey Jake! Let me be one of the first to congratulate you. This is awesome! I'm sure working for TLC is quite an experience, and I hope you enjoy it. I'm sure we'll benefit from having you around, as well. Thanks for the heads up! All the best, (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) Oops, I forgot a "full disclosure" statement. Although I don't feel that my concerns are biased, I think it is still in order: Full disclosure: I operate a website with a Mosaic Maker web application[1] which allows users to upload a JPEG or (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  So did you wonder about me?

Greetings all! If you haven't forgotten me since I took my BricksontheBrain.com site down, this is Jake McKee. I am happy to tell you all that the wonderful opportunity that I referred to when I announce BotB was going out of business is my joining (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) The legal language they use would seem to permit any artistic or educational (i.e. not "obscene" in the Supreme Court sense) nude material. I'm surprised they diddn't add a "family/child friendly" catchall. (...) I guess they don't want you (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) My concern is that LEGO might try to argue that the final brick configuration from the dithering algorithm was part of the "new material" added by LEGO in connection with preparing the final product. (...) Could you then create your own LDraw (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

In lugnet.dear-lego, Todd Lehman writes: [Quoting Brick-O-Lizer User Agreement] (...) Uh, no. It just means that if LEGO puts some of their copyrighted material into the final product, they retain copyright. I suppose this will restrict what you do (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Concerns regarding Brick-o-Lizer™ User Agreement (was: Re: New stuff at shop.lego.com)

(...) This is cool! It looks like the SCALA gray might be available in bricks. I have some non-trivial concerns about the User Agreement, though: (URL) quote the User Agreement in its entirety below, interspersed with good faith commentary. UA> By (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego) !!

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) Our familiy also dislikes them because of the storage problems these sets do cause: we have separate drawers for each part. These juniorized sets have so many big specialized parts that it is very unconvenient to store them. The only (...) (24 years ago, 7-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) I do play on the floor (carpet) with my Jr. sets all the time! Less pieces to lose, and you can be building with them and watching tv at the same time. As the vehicles are rather similar and simple, the real challenge lies in customizing the (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

Farlie A wrote in message ... (...) build, (...) What kids are these? The juniorized sets are always the ones sitting on the shelves forever, even at 75% off sales. (can you say roadside repair) I dislike the junior sets ( as an AFOL) and my 4 year (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

"Matthew Miller" <mattdm@mattdm.org> wrote in message news:slrn90dpme.mvs.....bu.edu... (...) talked (...) I second that. I was even talking to a prospective student of Gordon here who is a FOL in his Dark Ages about the product...we couldn't agree (...) (24 years ago, 6-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact