 LEGO Company / 519
Re: Are you going to try out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2003 14:02:31 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
So what do you think? Are you going to try out for the spot in the master
builder search (http://www.legomasterbuilder.com)?

If you are, let me know!

No.  I've  always said, If I got the chance to work for the Lego company I'd
prefer to be in a non building position.  Why?  It'd ruin my hobby I'm afraid.
Also, I can't leave the Pacific NW.
No, if I got the chance to work with the Lego company I'd want a job as
community liason or some similar field.  You need an assistant Jake?

What do you think about the idea overall?

It's an interesting idea.  Though I think you know potential folks you want.
Maybe to get the lurkers?  The one percenters that no one knows about?  However,
I commend you on posting this to Lugnet.  It is nice to know you consider us in
these matters.  The art institute was a good angle, you'll get people while they
may not really care about the brick that much you can find talented people who
will adapt quickly to get an artisticly oriented job.  (those 1% again)

Good Luck!

Mark Neumann