 LEGO Company / 512
Re: Are you going to try out?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2003 15:31:37 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Tom Reed wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Jake McKee wrote:
   So what do you think? Are you going to try out for the spot in the master builder search (http://www.legomasterbuilder.com)?

If you are, let me know!

What do you think about the idea overall?

Jake

--- Jake McKee Community Liason LEGO Community Development

I can say with some certainty that I won’t be trying out. For me, there’s no way I would live in California! (sorry californians...I don’t mean it as an insult, it’s just a personal thing with me). I think it would be interesting to know what a job like that pays! Can you give us an estimate? I think the idea is a good publicity thing, but I’m not sure it’s the best way to find a new “Master Builder”! Have you considered asking people who have already proven themselves to the public? (Eric Harshbarger comes to mind as an example!) I would be really interested in watching the competition! I may have to see if it would be feasible to attend. Thanks for keeping us posted on these events! regards, Tom

It’s a job I’d enjoy but, like others who’ve said the same about themselves, I don’t think I’m up in the “Master Builder” class. Granted, I have the advantage of living in San Diego and I’m thinking in an “Aw, why not give it a try?” mode.

Tom did bring up a good point; builders like Eric are prime material for a job like that. One person in So Cal I’d certainly think is prime for the job is Henry Lim.

Adr.