 LEGO Company / 464
  Please tell me it's not this...

Ok, we've all seen these pages. If not, here's a link: (URL) my question is... LEGO announced that NHL and LEGO had an agreement to make a series about hockey. That was greeted with enthusiasm by most hockey and LEGO fan, especially since the Soccer (...) (21 years ago, 16-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Please tell me it's not this...

I did a little poll to see if other people feel like I do about the upcoming NHL sets. (URL) far, only 2 persons out of 22 said they would MAYBE buy some, they are ok. The other 20 persons either voted that they hate them or that the sets are bad. (...) (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Please tell me it's not this...

(...) They'll probably sell just fine to the kids who love Bionicle... We shouldn't expect to be the target market for every set TLC produces. Do you rush out and but the latest Duplo/Explorer sets? Should they cancel that line? Frank (21 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Please tell me it's not this...

(...) You're probably right on this one. (...) Have you ever watched a NHL hockey game? It's no kid stuff. The NHL is rougher than the NFL and the players are very aggressive sometimes. Why target the 5 y.o. with such a line of products? Why not (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Please tell me it's not this...

(...) Well ya - look where you put the poll. You put it here on Lugnet where people bash anything Bionicle and Bionicle related. They are being recepted well over at BZPower. It is not surprising in any way to see the results of the poll reflect a (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Please tell me it's not this...

(...) Well, as somone who has played a bit with these sets, I enjoy it much more than basketball or soccer. These things are really cool! Jake (who is saying this as a fan...not because I have to!) --- Jake McKee LEGO Enthusiast Webmaster - B.I. (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Please tell me it's not this...

(...) heh, sounds good :) I know the basketball sets are very fun and that I was not impressed with them *before* I got them - but an *very* impressed with them now. My oldest son already informed me we are going to get a few of these sets so we (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Please tell me it's not this...

(...) When I was a kid my friend had this hockey game which was a flat surface with these hockey players that were two-dimensional plastic figures attached to a vertical axel. You'd spin knobs on the side and the little players would spin, kind of (...) (21 years ago, 3-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Please tell me it's not this...

(...) Personally, I don't believe they will bring out both NHL "minifig" sets and NBA "minifig" sets at the same time because both are "similar" products. I personally don't know the licensing particualrs with both sports leagues, and don't know the (...) (21 years ago, 4-Mar-03, to lugnet.lego)