 LEGO Company / 464
463  |  465
Subject:
Please tell me it's not this...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 16 Feb 2003 08:29:44 GMT

Ok, we've all seen these pages.  If not, here's a link:

http://brickset.com/search.aspx?SubTheme=Hockey

Now, my question is...  LEGO announced that NHL and LEGO had an agreement to
make a series about hockey.  That was greeted with enthusiasm by most hockey
and LEGO fan, especially since the Soccer and basketball sets were so great.
Will LEGO release some quality sets with minifigs, hockey rink, a playing
mechanisn and everything just as for soccer and basketball or are those
bionicle-like cheap-technic sets what we will get?  I mean, come on, most
comments I've read so far in the news here on Lugnet say that these are ugly
and very bad, comments to which I totally agree.  I hope this was only some
kind of teaser until we get the real deal, nice hockey sets, or else the NHL
will probably regret doing business with the LEGO group.

Please tell us we'll see some great NHL sets with superstar players
immortalized as minifigs like the NBA.  'Cuz i'll be waiting in line to buy
them if they ever come out, but i'll stay away from those technic-hockey
sets we have seen so far.

Terry