 LEGO Company / 471
Re: Please tell me it's not this...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 3 Mar 2003 22:48:08 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Mark Papenfuss writes:

But how could they
make it like the soccer or basketball sets. I do not see how they can set it
up on a field and use minifigs for it.

When I was a kid my friend had this hockey game which was a flat surface
with these hockey players that were two-dimensional plastic figures attached
to a vertical axel.  You'd spin knobs on the side and the little players
would spin, kind of like foosball but they'd spin along an axis vertical to
the surface rather than parallel to it.  Anyway, something like this could
be done with minifigs as the players.

The way they did do this reminds me of another game that I had.  This one
had a little football (american) player that would kick when you pounded
down on his head.  You'd set up the goalposts and there was some set of
rules that had you kicking field goals from different distances, etc.

Bruce