 LEGO Company / 427
Re: Question about recycling Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:42:32 GMT

William R Ward wrote:

"Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@oswego.edu> writes:
I know I find myself nearly devastated when I have to throw away lbs
of them when I'd rather find a way for LEGO to reuse or find a way
to offer a small exchange. I can see that it would nearly be
impossible for something like this to just happen.

Why would you throw away lbs of old bricks?  I know sometimes I find a
few that are deformed or broken or discolored beyond usability, but
not "lbs" of them...  If they're not in good enough condition for you,
I bet some kid would love 'em.  Give them away, or put them up on eBay
in "as is" condition.

I agree. I never throw any LEGO brick away (I do throw some clones away,
though even those, I'm somewhat loathe to throw away). I do have a
quantity of pretty broken bits. I've also got a bucket of discolored
brick. I figure I'll end up using some of it to make some space ships or
other constructions look old and abused. I used a pretty scratched up
classic window in the back room of my shipping office building for that
reason.

Frank