 LEGO Company / 426
Re: Question about recycling Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:22:17 GMT

"Wayne Sardullo" <sardullo@oswego.edu> wrote in message
news:H3zJs9.Hyp@lugnet.com...
I'm not exactly sure if this is something that has ever been asked but, • has
LEGO ever considered a recycling program for older used bricks... While • the
business side of something like this isn't totally profitable it could at • least
reuse resources that already exist.

I know I find myself nearly devastated when I have to throw away lbs of • them
when I'd rather find a way for LEGO to reuse or find a way to offer a • small
exchange. I can see that it would nearly be impossible for something like • this
to just happen.
It would be cool though to send in a few pounds of sorted color bricks and
maybe get a handful of new standard bricks in return...

Just something I was thinking about as I sort through some of my older • stuff
and figure out if I want to keep them of chuck them in the garbage.

Thanks,

Wayne

During a tour of Legoland Windsor this topic came up. Lego do recycle their
bricks / old sculptures. They are melted down and made into large containers
for brick storage.

--
James Stacey
---------
#925 - I'm a citizen of Legoland travelling Incommunicado