 LEGO Company / 3126
Re: Bulk Bricks online survey - results...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 20:29:24 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jonathan Lopes wrote:

   Richard/Jake,

I know there have been a lot of community related things happening lately, but have any recent developements been made on this or the bulk program in general?

I’m not sure if I’ve posted about it, but the original bulk brick survey results were integrated into the discussion of what palette of bricks LDD would have at launch, and in the future, and how that was going to tie into LEGO Factory. I know it was a bit of weird survey, considering you didn’t know exactly “how” to vote. But since LEGO Factory wasn’t yet announced, we couldn’t say much. And as I mentioned at the time, I felt some amount of AFOL input into the process under a cloud of secrecy was better than no input into the process at all.

So before I answer your specific question, I’d like to take moment to reflect on how far the bulk brick abilities came in 2004. Between the every growing expansion of PaB, LEGO Factory’s launch (and more importantly, future), LEGO BrickMaster, special limited access orders for some clubs (with expansion coming), spring cleaning tubs and sets, and of course the continuation of the Designer sets, 2004 was pretty good for bulk.

So is there more coming? I’ll let you guess at that one... :)

But while you’re guessing, keep an eye out for an announcement of something fun coming up sometime this month.

I’m such a tease, aren’t I?

Jake
---
Jake McKee