 LEGO Company / 3052
Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 02:08:34 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego, David Koudys wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Ken Nagel wrote:
In lugnet.lego, David Eaton wrote:
SNIP
Personally I keep my promisses. How about you?-Ken

There was no promise!  Stop saying that!  Stop spinning this!

Crying is very unbecomming....

At the time Jake said what he said, that's *exactly* what was going on--TLC had
some leftover Maersk Blue pellets and no contract with Maersk Blue to warrant
making more.  Those are the facts.

Can I use this defense on my wedding vows? "Honest dear I meant what I was
saying at the time but circumstances changed...."

SNIP
Then, after all this, Maersk and TLC entered into a *new* contract.

These facts are indisputable.  There was no promises made that TLC wouldn't sign
another contract with Maersk.  And you implying that TLC should make such a
promise, or that you read such a promise into this situation, is arrogant
presumption.

The facts are that Lego Promised this to be a limited run. A new contract for a
new model would have been a diffrent story. As for "arrogant" refer back to all
of your exclimation points. My view is based on EXACTLY what Lego said it's you
who wants to read something else into the situation, or dare I say "spin" it.

Again, you keep on stating that you are a man of your word.  The words I'm
reading are 'arrogant presumption'.

There you go spinning again....

Further, I resent your tagline that you seem to be ending all your posts with
regarding this issue.  "Personally I keep my promisses.  How about you?"

A legitimat question since this is a question of basic morlity....

1--it wrongfully infers that TLC doesn't keep its promises with regards to this situation.

Not doesn't "DIDN'T"

Since there was no promise to begin with, just stated facts that, at
the time were completely and unequivocably true (which does not negate future
contracts, by the way),

"Well dear the vows were one thing but there's this new woman now..."

then you are mis-stating right there, so you are not a
man of your word, unless lying is somethign you want to aspire to.

Now you spinning so fast your in danger of screwing yourself into the ground...

2--the 'How about you' immediately puts the respondee on the defensive, as if I
have made some sort of wrongful statement.  Well, again I will point out, that
it is you who made the mis-statement and that you should not selectively
interpret the events and facts to suit your chip on your shoulder.

Defensive? No but if you see it that way you should be asking yourself why you
feel that way. As for a chip on the shoulder it's you with all the exclimation
points.

IF you want to continue to ignore what actually happened, then go right ahead
and this conversation ends here.  If, however, you wish to debate the facts, I'm
all for it.  Just step off your high horse before you do so.

In other words "As long as you see things my way we can talk..."

Take care,

Dave K

I still keep my word and don't make promises I can't/won't keep. How about you?