 LEGO Company / 3053
Re: A Community Problem (Was: Re: 10152 Update)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 02:37:51 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Ken Nagel wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Dave Schuler wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Ken Nagel wrote:

I don't need anything to be interpreted. Anyone who knows me knows I am a man of
my word. How about you?

Hey now, there's no need for that.  Dave K can speak for himself, but what the
heck--I can speak for himself, too.  Regardless of his national origins, I have
always found Dave K to be honest and forthright.  He is willing to admit when he
is wrong, and he doesn't tout himself when he's right.

You may disagree with his interpretation of these events, but it's hardly
necessary to impugn his integrity along the way.

Dave!

I didn't impugn anything. I asked a simple question wich is quite relevant given
that this is at it's essence a moral question.-Ken

It may be a moral question, but more importantly it's a "have you stopped
beating your wife?" question too.

I tend not to go around claiming I'm a man of my word. Why would I need to? If I
have to make a big deal about it, maybe I'm not. So there is no right answer for
Dave to give, you manage to impugn him either way, whether he says yes or no,
and even if he doesn't answer. That's dirty pool in debating circles, in my
view.

But *I'll* answer your question on behalf of Dave (1), since *I* can answer for
him without that problem. Yes, he is a man of his word. Now, how is this
relevant to the discussion? Further, have you, or anyone else, said anything NEW
here in the last 50 posts that was relevent to the discussion? I don't think so.

LUGNET doesn't (yet) have threadlocking. But I personally (and this is not a
statement of policy, I am not wearing my hat) wish we did.  Because if we did,
I'd lock this thread so fast it would make your head spin. There is NOTHING
useful happening here (except for the part where we say what a great guy Dave
is, which in the long term is bad for Dave's ability to get through doorways)
any more.

Agree to disagree and move on. Talk about something else. That's just a request
at this point. It's not yet a formal request from the Admins but why wait?

1 - I haven't reviewed the thread in detail to compile a list of all the people
you have asked this of, but if I were to place a bet, I bet they *all* are men
(or women) of their word.