 LEGO Company / 2951
  Re: Interesting point of view, Rene!

(...) What constitutes actual advertising versus an employee stating something incorrectly? Was the phrasing of the post on 1000steine run by Lego's legal department, just as a paid advertisement would be? If they had instead said "This MIGHT be (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego)

  Re: Interesting point of view, Rene!

(...) It was correct, until TLC decided to make it incorrect by consciously changing their mind. (...) I think so. Then we would have recognized it as the typical BS advert hype which we all know to ignore. (...) Are you by chance a lawyer, Dave? If (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Interesting point of view, Rene!

(...) Uh, John. That *is* what Jake said. Well, he certainly didn't say claim anything *stronger* than that -- actually, what he said was more low key, if anything. (URL) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Interesting point of view, Rene!

(...) That's not how I took it. But look at the way it was explained to the Germans via their liason (thanks to Rene's post): (URL) Doesn't get more clear than that IMO. JOHN (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Interesting point of view, Rene!

(...) What is even more clear is that, at the time, TLC stated 'we have such-n-such quantity of Maersk Blue in stock and want to do something with it. Since, at htis time, we don't have a contract with Maersk for anything, we'll get rid of our stock (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Interesting point of view, Rene!

(...) Perhaps I just read all statements from Lego as possibles, whereas others read them as 100% definites. Let's look at Jake's post: (URL) As many of you have seen from the leaked pictures online, we have released a > (...) Interpretation: Fact. (...) (20 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)

  Re: Interesting point of view, Rene!

snippage (...) more snippage (...) John, I hate to be nitpicky here (oh, wait, half the posts on this thread are about being nitpicky), but I thought the color of set 10052 was yellow.. (URL) a different story... Scott (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.lego, FTX)