 LEGO Company / 2031
Re: Color Names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 19:54:44 GMT

Mark P wrote:

In lugnet.cad, Jake McKee wrote:

I could be totally off base, but my thinking is that some group has to "own"
the naming/numbering, and what better group than LDraw.org? (With input from
relevant players, of course)

I do not think anybody would need to "own" anything here (other than Lego). And
I do not think any one site should be the leader with this. If the 3 sites chose
to work something out then they should all have an equal say. As catalog admin
on BL I would not want to be flat out told what to name something with less
input than the next person, and that really turns me off to the idea (speaking
for myself, not anybody else in any way mind you). I think that was the problem
last time - one site trying to take everything over.

I don't think I follow your point.
LDraw/Peeron are (almost) synchronized in terms of parts. They're
somewhat synchronized on colors and try to be.

Bricklink uses (from my point of view) incompatible part names and
incompatible color names.

If you think this is something positive and brings something to
community, pardon me. To me it's just confusing.

--
Jindroush <jindroush@nospam.seznam.nospam.cz>
http://www.kostky.org