 LEGO Company / 2018
Re: Color Names
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.color, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 01:44:54 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Dan Boger wrote:
On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 10:42:08PM +0000, Purple Dave wrote:
In lugnet.cad, Tim Courtney wrote:
Why do 'official' names matter, though? To me, the name useful to
the community matters.

Because unless TLC wholy converts over to using the same names that we
do, it'd be nice to know what they're talking about when they start
using a name that we don't. Also, it's nice to know what to ask for
when you need to order a replacement part.

I'd suggest that we keep the LEGO names in the database, as another
naming scheme.  That way, when we want to look up the LEGO name for a
color, just look it up in the database.  Better yet, when an AFOL calls
LEGO and refers to OUR name for something, LEGO can look it up and find
THEIR name for the color :)

Certainly possible. With a simple DB dump, we could supply the Consumer Service
with a key to put next to the rest of their reference material on their desks.

Jake
---
Jake McKee
Community Liaison