 LEGO Company / 1541
Re: Announcing new Legend!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.lego
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 15:36:32 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Paulo Renato wrote:
   In lugnet.lego.announce, Jake McKee wrote:
   Taking a break from reading the 250+ color change posts, I just got the green light to announce a new Legend!

And it’s ....drum roll please....

5541 - Model Team Hot Rod!

Hi Jake,

By “legend” you mean it will appear on the same true colors as the first, right? If not, I don’t see the point of “legends” anymore, nor i do find the word “legend” suitable.

see

    4554 Metro Station
564 elements, 8 figures, US$72, 1992
LEGO > SYSTEM > Trains > 9v > Buildings

and then see

    2150 Train Station
564 elements, 8 figures, US$73, 1996
LEGO > SYSTEM > Trains > 9v > Buildings

and tell me that a different color, in and of itself, makes a set somehow undesirable. I have both 4554 and 2150 and I like them both.

I’m not saying I disagree with you Larry, but to play devil’s advocate...

While 2150 is basically the same model as 4554 in a different color, LEGO never marketed it as a re-release as 4554, did they? If not, it’s not *quite* the same thing as different colors in Legends. However, you make a very valid point none-the-less.

--Anthony