 Inventories / 157
Re: 4562 Revealed! *Version #2*
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inv, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.parts
Date:
Sun, 31 Oct 2004 05:22:13 GMT

I’ve been reading the buzz today about the new 4562 set. There’s a Walgreen’s here where I live (Lafayette, IN) and one on the next town over the river too. I went to the first one not having any idea how much the set would cost. I was pleasantly surprised when I found that the 400 (200+200) piece set was only $5.99, plus it was buy 2 get 1 free! Tom Reed and Aaron Knox both found this set on the same sale, so I assume that all the Walgreen’s in the U.S. are having the buy 2 get 1 sale.

So, of course, I bought 3. Since each set has 200 normal pieces and 200 bonus mystery pieces, I aquired 1200 pieces for $12. Yes, that’s right, one penny per LEGO!

As soon as I got out to my car, I opened all 3 sets. Many of the random bonus pieces looked relatively rare as far as colors go. There were 2 bags of normal pieces which are shown on the side of the box. (I didn’t take any pictures of those.) Then there were 4 bags of bonus pieces. Here’s what they were:

All of the sets from the first Walgreen’s were identical, piece for piece. I then drove to another Walgreen’s where I bought 3 more of the 4562 set. When I got home I found that the second trio of sets were all alike, but were mostly different from the first 3. The ones that I bought at the second Walgreen’s were the same as the ones Tom Reed posted pictures of. Both versions of the set have 4 bags of bonus parts. One of those bags (the first thumbnail) is the same in both versions though.

I looked up a few of the pieces on Bricklink to see about how much they’re worth. Here’s some of the more valuable pieces in the set:
I would have put a table here, but the instructions at http://www.lugnet.com/publish/ftx/guide/tables are erroniuos.

3X3 yellow slope 0.52
medium lime 1X1 plate with vert. clip 0.17
white 1X1 plate with tooth 0.20
clay orange 3X2 slope $X.XX (Not even available on BL)
clay orange 2X4 ridge 0.49
green 1X1 cone 0.32
mint green 1X1 tile with clip 0.13
dusty blue 1X1 brick 0.21
dark purple 1X3 brick 0.15
2X2 tile with round end & hole $X.XX (part 48995 not even there), (tile version of part 3176)
3X3 white disk with axle hole 0.31

Just like Tom’s, I had a mix of the old and new colors. I got my 2 versions of the set at Walgreen’s stores that are less than 5 miles from each other, so that lends me to believe that we might see a wide variety of bonus pieces around the country. (Aaron I’m curious to see what your 3rd version has.)

David “Fuzzy” Gregory