 Instructions / 24
Re: Build-a-Bot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.inst
Date:
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 16:23:30 GMT

I can't wait to hear it!  In fact, what I REALLY want to do is to play it :)
Short of that, it'll be interesting to see what sort of setup he's got in
the piano.  The tensile forces of the strings are fairly extreme and to
stabilize it with legos must be hard.  Then again, I've learned not to doubt
the ability and limit of legos.  I hope he does write a score for it...would
be fitting for the lego piano (harpsichord) to be christened by a lego
score.  I wonder if there's a Lego theme song..or an AFOL theme song :)
On a similar note (to big insane constructions) how's your SuperMech coming
along?  I also can't wait to see the end result of THAT masterpiece...  With
the cameras and all those RCX's, I can see some awesome programs
possible...like tracking passerbys and waving to them...or shaking their
hand and such.  Not that the thing itself wouldn't be cool enough :)

Sonic

"Eric Sophie" <mylegomaster@cs.com> wrote in message
Thanks! That's sounds like an interesting program. Cool deal. Hey Luke, • what
do you think of the REAL Piano Henry Lim is building! Plus, when he's • done,
we're gonna be able to hear a real musical score played on a real Lego
Musical Instrument! I'll bet he'll write an original score.

Legomaster

But seriously, for a book or something, a more formal approach might be
needed (I'm working with something called LPub by Kevin Clague right
now...it does part generation and dat->pov->image all • automatically...pretty
darn cool).  But for teaching other AFOL's how to recreate a certain MOC
(and we all thank you immensely for that, Eric), then your instructions
couldnt' be clearer.  Great job!

Luke