 Instructions / *176 (-20)
  Re: Win a free set!

(...) Weird... I just noticed in my original post, I mis-spelled the URL. It should be: (URL) that and let me know via email (sink@countersinkdg.com) if it doesn't work. Thanks! Jake --- Jake McKee LEGO Enthusiast Webmaster - B.I. Portal (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

(...) If you're gonna do optional lines then it'll only look correct when viewed from one direction. This means you can apply the standard cheat to solve the problem with cutoff cylinders on concave edges. Push all the edge cylinders toward the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Win a free set!

Hey jake, I've been unable to access the BIPortal for the last week or so. It keeps coming up with a "page missing" message. Just to let you know, so it can be fixed! peace _Lenny (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

(...) All line type 2 (and some type 5) should be visible. Why not? Edge lines along primitives are harder but not impossible. /Lars (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

(...) L3P works on one file at the time (it doesn't walk the tree), and when it processes the model, the parts and submodels have been thrown away. Otherwise you are right. After posting I imagined I would let L3Lab (which walks the tree) generate (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

I realized that this suggestion might work fine for rectangular parts, but cylindrical parts won't have edge lines along the cylinder walls, right? Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

"Lars C. Hassing" <lch@ccieurope.com> skrev i meddelandet news:H7JwBt.7t1@lugnet.com... (...) Perhaps L3P could collect all the edge lines during part generation, but defer the output until the complete model has been generated, and then write (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

(...) First, I don't think that it is related to the "smooth triangle" algorithm, because this is independent of the scale of the triangles, it only deals with their surface normals. The basic problem is, that there is no such thing as a line in (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

(...) Yes, I plan adding -co for orthographic camera with automatic camera positioning. But the orthographic camera has changed in PovRay 3.5, and it is playing games with me. Perhaps I'll use the command "version 3.0" to overcome my trouble... (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Outlined part edges in L3P?

Excellent suggestion!! I've been wrestling with MegaPOV lately, having frustration with different size submodels and the find_edges settings. I want to keep the line thickness relative to the _parts_ and not to the render resolution, but since the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad.ray, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub 2.1.0.3 released

I just got another email discussing the use of orthographic camera and building instructions. The two do not work well together, and won't for the forseeable future. LPub leaves it to L3P to determine the camera settings. For a given LDraw file, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: Win a free set!

(...) YUPY! This at least helps me out in not "killing" myself in trying to get more of my BIs out the door sooner. I really need to clear my inbox of BIs in progress but got too much "other LEGO" work bogging me down right now. -AHui (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Win a free set!

(...) Absolutely! But don't let that stop you from adding even more great instructions! Jake --- Jake McKee LEGO Enthusiast Webmaster - B.I. Portal (URL) (22 years ago, 19-Dec-02, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Re: Win a free set!

Dear Jake, I was wondering do we get credit for previous reviews or instructions which were added before the contest? If we do not that is ok. Ben (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  Win a free set!

That's right! The Building Insturctions Portal ((URL) is giving away a 5563 Model Team Racing Truck! In an ongoing effort to help build and grow the Building Instructions Portal, we are making adding your instructions links even more rewarding! (...) (22 years ago, 18-Dec-02, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

  MOC: Rebel Blockade Runner

Hello people, You can find pictures of my latest custom, a 'not so mini' mini Rebel Blockader Runner, here: (URL) recently been obsessed with creating instructions and this is my first custom that comes complete with LDraw file, parts list and PDF (...) (22 years ago, 17-Dec-02, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.inst) !

  Re: LPub Instruction Images errors help

I figured out what my problem was, in my POVRAY.ini file I had the settings initial_frame = 0 final_frame = 0 initial_clock = 0 final_clock = 0 included, so POVRAY kept rending the images with Stepping and putting an number on the end of my .bmp (...) (22 years ago, 14-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Re: LPub Instruction Images errors help

Hi James, Please email me two files and some information: 1. The test.ldr file 2. config.lpb from the directory in which you installed Lpub 3. The name of the full path which test.ldr exists. 4. The version of LPub you used. You can send these (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  LPub Instruction Images errors help

I have a test project called test.ldr with 4 steps. When I run LPub and use the Instruction Images feature everything seems to go just fine for the first step. But after the first step is rendered I get the error message "Image file test.bmp not (...) (22 years ago, 13-Dec-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.inst)

  Instructions of 5935

Hi all, where can I find instructions of the set #5935 (Adventure plain) ? They aren't on Lugnet. Thanx. (22 years ago, 11-Dec-02, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact